What are the hottest new apps on the App Store right now? These!
There are over a million and a half apps for iPhone and iPad and the number just keeps growing. Every day new and newly updated apps hit the App Store, and it’s impossible to keep up with all of them. Luckily, you don’t have to. All you have to do is bookmark this page and come back every day. When you do, we’ll have the best of the best new apps waiting for you!
And don’t forget to check out our list of this week’s best games for your iPhone.
Best new and updated apps
This week, kids can learn shapes in a colorful kingdom, you can track and learn about satellites flying above you, and you can edit video on the go.
- Caillou’s Castle – This app turns matching and shape recognition into a fun and interactive story. Your child can work on learning their shapes while exploring Caillou’s magical kingdom, building castles, looking out for dragons, and more. The app features multiple reading modes, with two of them guiding your child through the story and one that lets them take control. – $1.99 – Download Now
- Satellite Tracker – From the developers of Star Walk comes Satellite tracker, an app that helps you find and examine satellites darting across the night sky. See which satellites are passing over you, and check out if and when the International Space Station (ISS) might show itself in your night sky. You can even digitally fly with the satellites and the ISS in real time. – Free – Download Now
- Enlight Videoleap – Enlight has yet another new app, and this one is all about video. Videoleap lets you edit together clips on your iPhone or iPad using a number of powerful tools. The app features keyframe animations, green screen compositing, trimming, splitting, and duplicating tools, and much more. Choose from a number of special effects and filters that you can place over your video, and share it with your friends. Videoleap is free to download, but a with a subscription starting at $3.99 per month, you can get unlimited access to all of Videoleap’s features. – Free – Download Now
- Pixel – Build your own digital robot using this app that encourages programming creativity. Add all types of commands to your bot and give it personality. Starting off without any intelligence or personality, it’s your job to infuse your bot with qualities that will make it truly special. Programming is done by dragging and dropping blocks of command on top of one another, which you can customize as needed. Tell your bot what color their face should be, or how long it should smile. You’re even in control of your bot’s speech, telling it to say whatever you want. – Free – Download Now
- Anamorphic – This app utilizes the iOS Depth API to give your photos a cinematic feel. Anamorphic captures photos with depth data, and lets you do things like set the focal region and the focal depth, and use different color gradings when editing. Check out Anamorphic’s different modes as well for taking landscape and portrait photos, as well as settings for adding grain, controlling exposure, and more. – $2.99 – Download Now
This week, Apple has put together a collection of great apps for recipes and cooking. Find great new recipes for any occasion and diet with these apps.
- Kitchen Stories – This app adds new recipes every week. Find exactly the kind of thing you’re looking to make, with each recipe featuring beautiful photography and video of the various steps, as well as an easy-to-follow step-by-step guide. Videos also offer basic tricks for making your way around your kitchen. You can use Kitchen Stories to automatically generate shopping lists for ingredients in dishes that you want to try, as well as save favorite recipes for later. – Free – Download Now
- Jamie Oliver’s Recipes – Jamie Oliver offers new recipes each week with this app. Updated every Monday, the app offers seasonal recipes to give you inspiration. Offering both nutritious meals and excellent snacks, you’re sure to find something to cook in this app. – Free – Download Now
- Panna – Bringing in chefs such as Mario Batali and Nancy Silverton, Panna wants you to become more confident in your own cooking ability. Not only does Panna offer more than 500 video recipe guides, it also encourages you to take your cooking to the next level with its Panna Classes. These lessons are available with a $39.99 yearly subscription after a 7-day free trial, and teach you everything from baking bread to fine Italian cooking. – Free – Download Now