At Ola, we consistently ensure to make your rides a seamless experience. In our endeavour to do so, we are raising awareness against online frauds. Phishing is a type of internet fraud that involves stealing users’ sensitive information like OTP, Debit Card/Credit Card or payment wallet details. But don’t worry! Just follow these simple tips to stay away from such fraudulent activities.
Please note the pointers below:
- Do not call on customer care numbers listed online, we do not have any customer care number listed anywhere. .
- Do not entertain any calls pretending to be Ola customer care executives requesting for Ola OTP. Compromise of login OTP can give them full access to your account and Ola Money wallet.
- Do not entertain ANYONE claiming to complete KYC process. You can check the guidelines to complete KYC process here: https://olamoney.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/211814005-How-to-complete-KYC-process-
- Do not entertain ANYONE claiming to provide offers and discounts. We do not call to offer you any discounts.If you receive any suspicious link through these calls please do not open them.
- Please share your start trip OTP details from the app only with the cab driver after getting into the cab
In case of any concerns regarding fraud, you can write to us at email@example.com. For concerns related to Ola Money, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that you can CALL US only through the application, this is how it works:
- Open your OlaCabs application on phone.
- Tap the menu button , and then tap Support.
- Go to Fares & Payments > Fares and charges > (Any question).
- Tap on CALL US button listed in the bottom
Here’s a screenshot of FAQs: